Coming to America
Release Date: June
Runtime: 116 min
Tagline: This summer,
Prince Akeem discovers America.
Director: John Landis
(Read Related : American
Who's In It:
Eddie Murphy as Prince Akeem/Clarence/Randy Watson/Saul
Arsenio Hall as Semmi/Extremly Ugly Girl/Morris/Reverend
James Earl Jones as King Jaffe Joffer
John Amos as Cleo McDowell
Madge Sinclair as Queen Aoleon
Shari Headley as Lisa McDowell
Eriq La Salle as Darryl Jenks
Soundtrack / Songs:
Coming To America - Various Artists - Soundtracks - 1988
1. Pride And Joy – Marvin Gaye
2. Ooo Baby Baby – Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
3. Mbube (Wimoweh) – Ladysmith Black Mambazo
4. Livin' The Good Life – Sister Sledge
5. I Like It Like That – Michael Rodgers
6. I Got It – Eddie Murphy
7. That's The Way It Is – Mel & Kim
8. Comin' Correct – J.J. Fad
9. Come Into My Life – Laura Branigan & Joe Esposito
10. Better Late Than Never – The Cover Girls
11. Transparent – Nona Hendryx
12. Addicted To Love – Levert
13. Coming To America – The System
14. The Greatest Love Of All – Randy Watson & Sexual
15. To Be Loved – Jackie Wilson
16. You're A Wonderful One – Marvin Gaye
17. All Dressed Up (Ready To Hit The Town) – Chico DeBarge
(Read Related : The
Quotes From Coming To America:
King Jaffe Joffer: So you see, my son, there is a very
fine line between love and nausea.
Prince Akeem: But when I marry, I want the woman to love
me for who I am, not because of what I am.
King Jaffe Joffer: And who are you?
Prince Akeem: I am a man who has never tied his own shoes.
King Jaffe Joffer: Wrong. You are a PRINCE who has never
tied his own shoes. I tied my own shoes once. It is an overrated
Prince Akeem: But how can a man get excited about a woman
he's never seen?
Prince Akeem: Is it just me, or does every woman in Queens
have some kind of an emotional problem?
Cleo McDowell: Look... me and the McDonald's people got
this little misunderstanding. See, they're McDonald's...
I'm McDowell's. They got the Golden Arches, mine is the
Golden Arcs. They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick. We
both got two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese,
pickles and onions, but their buns have sesame seeds. My
buns have no seeds.
Reviews or comments on Coming to America