Coming To America
Release Date: June
Runtime: 116 min
Tagline: This summer,
Prince Akeem discovers America.
Director: John Landis
(Read Related : American
Who's In It:
Eddie Murphy as Prince Akeem/Clarence/Randy Watson/Saul
Arsenio Hall as Semmi/Extremly Ugly Girl/Morris/Reverend
James Earl Jones as King Jaffe Joffer
John Amos as Cleo McDowell
Madge Sinclair as Queen Aoleon
Shari Headley as Lisa McDowell
Eriq La Salle as Darryl Jenks
Soundtrack / Songs:
Coming To America - Various Artists - Soundtracks - 1988
1. Pride And Joy – Marvin Gaye
2. Ooo Baby Baby – Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
3. Mbube (Wimoweh) – Ladysmith Black Mambazo
4. Livin' The Good Life – Sister Sledge
5. I Like It Like That – Michael Rodgers
6. I Got It – Eddie Murphy
7. That's The Way It Is – Mel & Kim
8. Comin' Correct – J.J. Fad
9. Come Into My Life – Laura Branigan & Joe Esposito
10. Better Late Than Never – The Cover Girls
11. Transparent – Nona Hendryx
12. Addicted To Love – Levert
13. Coming To America – The System
14. The Greatest Love Of All – Randy Watson & Sexual
15. To Be Loved – Jackie Wilson
16. You're A Wonderful One – Marvin Gaye
17. All Dressed Up (Ready To Hit The Town) – Chico DeBarge
(Read Related : The
Quotes From Coming To America:
King Jaffe Joffer: So you see, my son, there is a very
fine line between love and nausea.
Prince Akeem: But when I marry, I want the woman to love
me for who I am, not because of what I am.
King Jaffe Joffer: And who are you?
Prince Akeem: I am a man who has never tied his own shoes.
King Jaffe Joffer: Wrong. You are a PRINCE who has never
tied his own shoes. I tied my own shoes once. It is an overrated
Prince Akeem: But how can a man get excited about a woman
he's never seen?
Prince Akeem: Is it just me, or does every woman in Queens
have some kind of an emotional problem?
Cleo McDowell: Look... me and the McDonald's people got
this little misunderstanding. See, they're McDonald's...
I'm McDowell's. They got the Golden Arches, mine is the
Golden Arcs. They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick. We
both got two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese,
pickles and onions, but their buns have sesame seeds. My
buns have no seeds.
Share this Romance Movie with your friends!
Other Suggested Romance Movies
Secret Of My Success
- Crossing Delancey
Unbearable Lightness Of Being
- Working Girl
- Bull Durham